12.30.2010

Goat Milk Stuff Soaps.

I have waited to do this to make sure I used the products for a while. It's been a little over a month since I made my first order and I just ordered more earlier this week. & I fell in love again! I've been telling anyone that has encountered me all about these soaps. I tell them to smell my samples haha. Someone even said to me, "Do you know how long that stuff has been around?" I brushed it off because I'm not trying to introduce something that is brand new state of the art. I'm just trying to spread the word about this amazing product and the amazing family that makes them. Jason, Matti & I don't use soaps or body wash from the stores anymore. We're a Goat Milk Soap family! :)

A little background. The family is from Indiana and they have eight children. All of them are homeschooled and ALL of them have a job when it comes to the production of these soaps--even the youngest one! One day, during bath time, they happened to look at the bottle of soap they were using. As you all know, it's filled with chemicals that help clean you. & as you know, they can be a little drying too! So, mom decided she wanted to try to make soap on her own & voila! Goat Milk Soap was born.

Okay, so onto my experience with this wonderful, wonderful product! I was introduced to GMS by one of my middle school friends. She has a Beauty Channel on YouTube & does reviews on a lot of products. I kept hearing about "Goat Milk Soap" & how fabulous it was. After hearing about it for a while, I decided to check out the website. I fell in love with the family. I ended up following their blog, on Twitter, Facebook. Yea, call me a creeper, haha.

My first order was a full bar of Oatmeal, Milk & Honey (because it's one of their best sellers) & a half bar of Purity for Matti. He has some mild eczema and I wanted to see if it would help his skin. With every order, you get three free samples. I absolutely love this because it gives you a chance to see if you like other scents. My three samples were: Luv Spell, Clean Cotton, and Pink Sugary. I checked my email three hours after I ordered and there was an email from PJ saying that my soaps will be packaged and shipped later today. WOW! That was fast! The next day, USPS told me it was in transit. The following day, it said that it reached the main center & it was on its way to me! By the time I got home from work that day, it was waiting for me. I was SO excited. First of all, I was amazed at how fast they were shipped! Jason put them in our room and shut the door. I went to get the soaps & the room was filled with this heavenly scent! I quickly opened the box to find our OM&H & Purity Bars. I couldn't wait to try them! They smelled sooo good & the bars look like you could eat them! haha. I was excited about the samples & wanted to order more already.

Oatmeal Milk & Honey.
I ordered this for Jason & me to use. We still have a pretty good amount left of it. It smells heavenly. It has a slightly sweet creamy scent. It just smells so good. I love how it pretty much doubles up as a freshener in our bathroom. It just fills the room with its smell. Jason really likes it and actually will tell people to try out GMS. It lathers up really nicely which is a surprise! & it's also super smooth when you are using it. It just glides onto your skin. I have pretty dry skin & especially in the winter. Other soaps & bodywashes, dry out my skin too much. (due to the chemicals) Keep in mind, GMS, has ZERO. Since using this soap, my skin does not feel "tight" after showers unlike when using regular store brand soaps. That had me sold! After using it for a month plus, my skin feels smoother and it just looks & feels better. I had some issues with my legs. They would get so dry that I would scratch them in my sleep without even knowing. I would then have scarred legs. Since using GMS, my legs look 10x better. It was really something I was hoping for and I'm glad to have found GMS because of this alone. The soaps really are moisturizing and that's something I really need. Aside from that, I love that throughout the day, I will get a whiff of OM&H and I find myself smelling my arm sometimes. The scent stays on your skin! I love it. A+ on OM&H. (I almost typed "OMG")

Purity.
This one we are using on Matti. He has mild eczema and I was afraid that in the winter it will get worse again. To start out, I wanted to try Purity. It's just a white bar & smell like nothing. It's just a clean & pure smell. Once he runs out, I might get him a different scent. Before GMS, he had rough patches on his wrist, elbows, and lower legs. Since using GMS, the patches have been under control. His wrists patches are gone, has a tiny bit on his elbows & his lower legs are gone. So far, I think it is working pretty well. I think he takes after his momma & gets the dry skin from me. Unfortunately. He's not scratching that much and I think that makes him happy. Which makes me happy. He does love smelling the scenty soaps, though! He wants to smell them over & over again.

I brought my samples into work and one of my co workers wanted to order some & so did my boss. On Monday morning, I ordered our soaps. I got a full bar of Pink Sugary for myself & a full bar of Nautical for Jason. My co-worker ordered two bars. She got a full bar of Pink Sugary & a full bar of Luv Spell. Just like last time, three hours after my order, I received an email saying it was getting packaged & mailed out later that day. Two days later, it was at my doorstep! Again, Jason put it in our room and when I got home, it was fulled with a beautiful scent. I opened it up and read over my order. It was so cute...one of the kids, the one PJ (the mom) said was going to package my order up, wrote a little note. "Enjoy! Brett :) " Every single one of the soaps smells sooo good! Nautical is the "manly" scent so I got that for Jason since Pink Sugary is a little more on the feminine side. A little. I'm sure he can still use it. Luv Spell is VERY feminine so he wouldn't use that. haha. My three samples were honeysuckle, cider press & black raspberry. We liked all three of them and I wanted to order more already, haha. Honey suckle is a very sweet scent and smells like summer. It smells just like honeysuckle. Go figure! Cider Press reminds me of fall. It smells very apple-cinnamony. Black Raspberry is one I liked too. It kind of smells like a raspbery smoothie & vanilla ice cream all in one. It has such a yummy smell. Matti wanted to eat it. I think he thought it was ice cream, haha.

So, overall, I love the Jonas family & I love Goat Milk Stuff Soaps. The price isn't bad either. It's about $5-$6 for a full bar and that lasts a long time! You can also get a half bar or the travel size! :) I like the full bars though because it comes in a cute little drawstring cotton bag with their logo on it. & if you order more than one, they will have a stamp saying what soap is inside. It could've been in my first order, but I didn't see it. Check out their website. They have other products aside from the soaps. They have lip balms, laundry detergent, bath bombs, & more! Check them out! http://goatmilkstuff.com/

2 comments:

christa said...

I just bought two bars of soap from there (the Mimosa Mandarin & OM&H) and can't wait to try them. Maybe I'll even give one to Katie for an Epiphany present, haha.

c2lovingj2 said...

I hope you love them! Which ones did you choose for your samples?