12.20.2010

Feeling accomplished.

There's always a good feeling after paying bills. I usually take the Mondays after payday to go through our list of bills to figure out when they need to be paid. I like to pay them as soon as possible so that we can just have our fun money without worrying about spending money that should've gone to the bills. We are pretty good with our money management. I like being thrifty and saving where we are able to but at the same time still be able to enjoy things that we like.

This weekend was pretty busy. I had a headache most weekend and it's still lingering, but I tried not to let that bother me. I worked Saturday and the day went by fast. Santa was at the bank so it was fun seeing the kids & puppies come in to see him. My little man showed up and sat in his lap. He enjoyed the cookies more though ;) After work, I went home and started cooking my chili. We had a meeting that night at our house so while I cooked, Jason cleaned. I love him for that! We had a good meeting and good company but I was tired. Plus, my head hurt. That night we decided to have a sleepover in the living room so we got the futon mattress and placed it on the floor. Jason fell asleep way before Matti & me did so we watched The Hitcher. Matti loves scary/thriller movies!

The following morning, we went to Mass like usual. After that, Jason's family came over to have some chili for lunch. They were heading to the mall & Jason needed for them to take his boots back up because the worker forgot to take the security tag off. & of course, I had to let them try the chili! After they left, it was just in time for the Redskins/Cowboys game to start. I was really unexcited about it. McNabb had just been benched for the season & honestly, I like him! I don't think he's the whole problem and it just upset me that he is being treated the way he is. Rex Grossman, who is the starting quarterback now, had a lot to prove for fans. The second half was a lot more exciting, but we fell short after he threw an interception at the last few seconds of the game. He played a lot better than what I expected, but STILL. I want McNugget back :( After our loss, I wanted to go to Target. I saw a few things that I wanted and we managed to get a lot of our shopping done for our family. We got home and wrapped all the gifts and they are all under the tree now. We just need to work on his parents' gift & we have to put Matti's together. We both agreed that we did good with our little shopping run.

I hope this week goes fast because I'm just ready to have some good food & enjoy family time. =) Remember guys, Christmas doesn't begin until Christmas Day!

Until next time.

No comments: