2.03.2011

Happy Birthday, Da!

Today is my Dad's Birthday..if you didn't notice the title. My family celebrated last night since today my parents have Adoration. We ended up going to Teariffic Cafe which was lovely. I always forget about this restaurant and I'm glad my dad chose it. They have the usual Chinese dishes, but also different soups & even Korean BBQ (&Kimchee!). I had trouble picking what I wanted because I wanted everything. I stuck with House Special Fried Rice that I ate only half of. It was delish! My mom got one of their soups & it looked really good. Next time, I want to try it. We also went overboard with ordering appetizers, but I think my favorite was the Fish Balls. They have something similar in the Philippines and it tasted pretty close to it.

Tonight, we are going to hang out at my parents' house until they get home from Adoration. I know that today is the Feast of St. Blaise. My dad's second first name (?) is Blas named after him. So, I'm trying to figure out if they are doing the throat blessings today at church. If they are, we might head over there after I get off work. & then go to my parents' house. We have my dad's gift and we're excited to give it to him :)

The other night, I was driving home from work and I was just thinking about my parents. I was thinking about  how far they'd come since we moved to the United States. I was wondering in my mind if they thought they would be where they are in their life now. If they'd have the things they have (although I know my parents are the least materialistic people I know). & it just made me really happy & proud of them. It gives me hope that eventually things will fall into place. I know everything will never be okay, but we can be at that point when we can look back & say, "Look how far we've come." They are both hard workers but not just in the workplace. I know they do their best there. I used to work with my mom & she's very much a perfectionist. & my dad is pretty important at his job. But that's not what I think of at first when I think of them. I think of their hard work for the Lord & how much they love Him. & 99% of what they do is FOR HIM. Every decision they make, they pray about it. They live their life for Him. My parents are the area leaders for our church community, Families in Christ Jesus. My dad has held that "spot" for as long as we've lived here. Aside from working, paying bills, making dinner, and doing everyday things, they have that service. & not once have I heard them complain about it or say how tired they are or how they need a break. I look at them and hope that some day I can have half of the dedication they have to the community. & to TRULY live for Him. I know I'm not at that point yet, but I hope that one day I will be.

1 comment:

christa said...

Ohhh, I LOVE Teariffic! Next time, try the Sesame Balls for dessert, yum.

Your parents are really great <3