12.13.2010

ramblings.

A few things running through my mind:
-I've been seeing this everywhere & felt the need to reiterate. Christmas doesn't begin until December 25th and last until January 6. Twelve days later. The twelve days of Christmas is AFTER December 25th.
-It's snowing! My cousin missed it by a few days =/
-Jesus IS the perfect gift.
-We shouldn't stress out about shopping for our family & friends. Be calm and just enjoy the time with each other. & celebrate Jesus' birth!
-It bugs me when people go with what's "in." Or socially acceptable. They'll love one thing and when that one thing isn't the fad anymore, they'll turn on it saying they never really liked it anyway.
-Choose your Team and stick with it. Get off the bandwagon!
-I'll never lose faith in the Redskins. haha.
-I have the most energetic child known to man. Okay, maybe not, but he sure does have a lot of energy. Just today, he's almost run into something three times.
-When people question me about Matti's development/skills, I get defensive & start to question them about theirs. Big fault.


Weekend.

We had a really good weekend. It was early day off on Friday so I got out at 3pm. I was able to pick up Matti which I always look forward to. He wasn't ready to leave but an orange helped get him out of there. We went home and met up with Jake. We watched The Grown Ups and it is hilarious! I love it. We went to return the movie and it was so cold out. It had been cold all week. We went back on forth whether or not we wanted to get food. Only to find out that Jason left his wallet at work so that plan was squashed. I didn't bring my purse/wallet because we were just making a quick run. We went back home and watched the Life DVD we rented from the library. I'm glad Matti likes to watch things with us and that he enjoys learning about different animals. We learned a lot too :)

Saturday, we slept in which was much needed. When we finally got up, I decided I wanted to make some BLT&E's (BLT with an Egg) so I started working on that. Yummy brunch. We did a little cleaning and then decided we were going to get his wallet at work. We knew that we were going to the movies at 4 to see Despicable Me. It was a free showing and we would all enjoy it. Matti fell asleep in the car so we sat in the parking lot and had some Mickey D's :) I called a friend of ours and we caught with them. It had been a few months since we talked. Which made me want to visit them =/ Eventually the time came for us to go inside so we got Matti out of the car (who was still asleep) and got our seats. There were a lot of families there so I was happy that they would be a little more understanding if Matti decided to be loud. (Thankfully, he was perfect) Matti woke up just as the movie started and laughed along with the kids. It was a really good movie and it made us all laugh. After the movie, we decided to check out some stores because I didn't want to go home and sit around. We were driving when Jason mentioned he wanted to go to the mall sometime this week. Well, we made a quick decision to go to the mall that night. My brother met up with us and we were able to pick up a few things that we needed. We left just in time as the mall was closing and we were so tired that we went straight to bed.

Sunday we slept in again. Jason woke up and was like, "Fran, it's 10:30!" I replied with, "Sooo?" He said, "CHURCH! 11:15!" He forgot that there was a 5pm mass. Matti was in our bed and kept saying, "Moooornannnn Mommy! Moooooornnnaaaann Daddy!" We got up and we decided that the BLT&E's were so good the day before so we'll make more today. Yummy brunch 2x. We lounged around the house until the Game came on. We were doing so good the first half, but I don't know what happened in the second. Another loss, but true fans we'll stay. By the time the game ended, we had to start getting ready for Mass. Mass is always good and we were going straight home after Mass, but the food sucked us in. haha. We have sinigang here at home that needs to be finished, but we ended staying anyway. After we got home, we just watched some of Sunday Night Football until Desperate Housewives came on. We went to bed a little after that, but as usual, I kept the game on just in case.

Here I am looking at the week ahead. I have a six day work week. Friday we are having our party and I'm making lumpia. Then, I have work on Saturday. Santa will be coming to the bank so Matti & Teddi will be coming to see him. Soon it'll be the new year & that means I'll be an auntie soon :)

No comments: