12.17.2010

Let It Snow!

Yesterday was pretty eventful as far as weather. I watch the news in the morning and at night--both local & national. I check their websites all throughout the day as well. For someone who does all this, I don't know how I missed that there was snow coming our way. Until Jason told me two nights ago. I didn't believe it would snow THAT much. It started snowing around 9am yesterday while I was cooking the lumpia meat. The flakes were small so again, I didn't think it would amount to anything. It had been so cold here though, I should've known better. After a few hours, the snow is building up. The schools were closed before the snow even started. I kept wondering if I was going to make it to work...I decided to stay home an hour longer and take Matti to daycare late. I figured by the time we would have to leave (1215-1230) that my work would've made a decision whether or not we're staying open. I was supposed to be there at 1pm. At noon, I started my car to warm it up and cleared some of the snow. There was an inch and a half on it already. My snow scraper was nowhere to be found so I was happy I just bought new gloves. I went inside and started to get our things ready. At 1230 we were ready to go. Except, snow had built up on my car again. I would say another half an inch. Matti was having fun watching me get the snow off the car haha. I called my job to let them know that I probably wouldn't be there at one. A six minute drive ended up being twenty minutes. I made sure to keep my distance from everyone because around here, they are pretty bad & also, I had precious cargo. After dropping a fighting toddler off at daycare--he wanted to walk & play in the snow--I made my way to work. Five minutes ended up being ten. I got behind a salt truck & a snow plow. I finally got to work at 115 & they told me that I was just balancing my drawer and heading home. Yep. They made the call, but it was after I was already on the road. I offered to stay until 4pm (the drive thru was staying open til then but the lobby was closing) since I am technically the drive thru teller. She told me to just get Matti home so at 215, I was back on the road to pick up Matti. On the way there, I saw the hot dog vendor packing up. I thought he was pretty brave for even being out there! Then, an accident so that made me nervous. I needed to pick up lumpia wrappers because today, Friday, is our work party & that's what I'm bringing. Thankfully, they were still open & it's on the main road where I was. The lady at the store has a two door BMW...I told her she should head home! lol..but she was sticking it out and having her husband pick her up. I found the cops outside and freaked out, but they were there for that accident. Off to get Matti. He is always so hard to get out of daycare. He never wants to leave! I told him that we would go play in the snow & he can make snowballs. That got him up and he gave his friend a hug & a high five. They are so cute. We made our drive home and 330, we finally were home. I let Matti play for a little bit, but he didn't have gloves, so I cut him short. We got all warmed up & cuddled up on the couch watching Cars. He's back to his favorite again. We were enjoying the movie when we heard banging on the sliding door. Yep, my husband was throwing snowballs through the screen. He decided to move my car so I would be able to get out of the spot easier and he put something in the car to help me in de-icing. haha. ..so technical. Matti & I met him outside and Matti ran around throwing snowballs (with gloves!). The mail man came & as he was leaving, Jason asked him about a package he was waiting for. Matti ran up to the mail man & threw a snowball at him! HAHA! The mail man made one of his own & threw one back at Matti. I'm glad he was still in a good mood after having to deal with the roads & terrible drivers & this nasty snow. After a half hour, we went inside & we made some hot chocolate. So good. I decided that since I was actually home EARLY, that I would start making dinner early. We had spaghetti and it was oh so yummy. After dinner, we just hung out and rolled the lumpias for today.  We only rolled half because we were tired and the rest was going to be for his co-workers anyway. Mine just needed to be finished so I can fry them up today. Which I will be starting in about twenty minutes. I hope the roads are better because I need to be at work at eleven! With lumpias in hand! 

No comments: