12.07.2010

Elmo.

One of Matti's favorite characters is the little red monster named Elmo. My brother got Matti a stuffed Elmo and it's his little buddy when he wants him to be. Matti is very independent, but sometimes he needs someone there with him. When we moved two months ago, Elmo got packed, and we ended up leaving the bag that he was in. I forgot in the chaos that he was in that bag. We've been looking for Elmo for the past two months. Two nights ago, I remembered that bag & before work yesterday, I went to go check it. & there was Elmo!  I was so excited to have found him and I couldn't wait to give him to Matti when I got home that night. I got home first and Jason&Matti were right behind me. We were on the sidewalk & I said, "Matti! Look who I have!" The biggest smile was on his face and he started running. He held onto him all the way to the door and into the house. He 'taught' Elmo how to turn on the TV. & I told him to show Elmo his room. & he very happily did. He showed him his bed, his slide and toys. Dinnertime came & I told Matti to get in his chair. He refuses to sit in high chairs or booster seats. He's a big boy now and would rather sit in a regular chair just like everyone else. Well, my grandma, Mama, gave me a cell phone holder a long time ago and it's a chair. It was on the table so we sat Elmo down in the chair while the three of us ate. Matti kept trying to feed him saying, "Elmo, eat!" After we were done, Matti had a little TV time and Elmo was back in his arms. You can tell he was happy to be back with his little buddy. I snapped this picture of him.

No comments: