12.09.2010

Little Did I Know..

Let me take a few minutes and talk about work. I've been at the bank for six months now, but it feels like I've been there longer. In that time span, I've seen and met a lot of interesting people. I've seen first hand just how much people are struggling out there. I've met some of the most generous people as well. Everyday is somewhat similar, but there is always something interesting that happens each day. Something I never realized about a bank is that you can be a family with the customers. I remember my first week there, a lady dropped off Subway for all the tellers. Myself included. I had been there at the most a week. I thought to myself, "Wow, that is really nice of her." I was told that this lady takes the time out of her day to think about us and brings us food once in a while. & let me tell you, when she cooks the food, it's amazing. Just recently, she brought us a tray of sandwiches, a pot of corn chowder & a huge dish of dessert of some kind. This past week, another customer brought us stuffed ham. Which we all love. & they even go as far as bringing us a loaf of bread, paper plates & utensils. We also get to know customers and their families. The struggles they are going through, sicknesss, death, but also their joys become our joys. Some of my co workers have known the customers since they were in school. There are many instances when they see a teenager or young adult, and they can remember when they were little babies. We see the same customers come weekly or daily and you get to know them and be able to joke around with them. I never thought that a bank could be like this. In the few minutes we have with them, relationships are formed. & because of this, I can honestly say that I love my job.

2 comments:

christa said...

I love this :)

Jaqi N said...

I know the feeling thats exactly why I have been at Bobs so long!!