11.08.2010

Where did the weekend go?

I'm looking forward to Thursday because we have a day off and I want to take full advantage of being with my boys. & my veteran, of course! ;) This past weekend was pretty uneventful but we kept semi busy & it was a productive weekend for the most part. Friday, I got off work early (2pm!) which are my favorite days of the month lol. I was able to pick up Matti which never happens so those days are special. Vivien was also there so we got to catch up some and I ended up dragging her to our new place so she could see it. For once, I was able to wait for Jason to get home. Eventually, Ashley showed up and we sat around talking eating Ritz crackers with tuna. So simple & yummy. Our initial plan for the weekend was to visit Heavenly Presents which is the new Christian bookstore down here, but that didn't happen. We did end up going to the store to pick up a few things for Matti's room. We are trying to decorate it so he knows it's HIS room and that he loves it. We picked up an alphabet banner, a Lightning McQueen poster, glow in the dark stars, and a Cars road carpet. The room is coming along, but I think we did pretty good for that little trip. Matti loves the moon & stars so the glow in the darks were perfect. He had fun watching Jake put them up. The past few nights, he's been asleep in his bed for a lot longer. I'm hoping it stays that way.

During the week, I declared Saturday as a day to catch up on cleaning & organizing. That was somewhat done. I got to shred & file a bunch of papers. We hung out at home most of the day because I just wanted to chill (hello, a Saturday off!) and get stuff done. We were trying to go the new store, but I got ready too late, and by then, it was time to go to his co-workers' party. Before we left, I felt a headache coming, but I didn't want to take anything just yet. We stayed for a few hours, but after two hours, my headache was present and I was ready to go. Matti was getting tired and starting to act up too, so I was really ready to go. It was good to meet his co workers and it was fun seeing all the kids play. I just need to step out of my shell a little more next time..haha. We came home and I took some Tylenol.  I folded up some laundry while we watched State of Play.

I love when we Fall Back! I woke up and layed in bed for a few extra minutes and I was happy to find that it was only 8ish and we had some time to enjoy the morning before getting ready for church. Jason & I attempted to make breakfast--which needs major work! haha. I told him I'd never made bacon before and he didn't believe me. I'm not much of a bacon eater, but it's growing on me ;) I fried up the first two pieces and knew that I was doing it wrong, haha. Then, the eggs. We're both particular with the way our eggs are cooked. I liked them fried with crispy edges. He likes the yolk runny & the while completely cooked. We have yet to master his eggs. & I just didn't want to deal with cooking them that morning so he was in charge. In the end, it was somewhat successful and was still yummy. Matti approved so that's what matters, haha. We got ready for church and we got there on time--we're getting good at that! haha. Matti fell asleep at mass so it was nice being able to give our full attention to Mass. After Mass, we checked out the stores in the classrooms. We saw Christa's posters and made me want to think of stuff to buy from her. We found really cute favors for Ashley's baby shower, but we walked out without spending money. We opted against going to the Fall Dinner...maybe next time. =/ We picked up some Chipotle and headed to the Jason's parents' house to eat. His parents came home and Matti was awake by then and Pop Pop wanted to take Matti to see some horses. So, we all went and yea...horses still scare me. Matti had a good time and so did Jason's dad trying to make one of the horses love him again. Apparently, they were BFFs but for some reason, that horse wasn't too happy with him that day. We left because it was getting chilly and we decided to get Matti some much needed Fall/Winter clothes. We headed to Kohl's and went with a mission to find good deals.We walked out with a BUNCH of clothes for Matti and spent a small amount. We even found some things to hang on our walls. Jen texted me while we were there telling us to come over that night and so after Kohl's we picked up Teddi & headed to Jeanie & Richard's. oh & Mojo's! Mojo is so cute and Teddi is just super curious about him. He started to get on Mojo's nerves I think. We had dinner and sat around watching football. I was ready to watch the Cowboys lose, haha. A little after the game started, we made our long trip back home and watched most of the game there. Terrible. haha. Now, it's Monday and I'm ready for Thursday to come. & then Sunday. All I know is, weekends need to be longer!

No comments: