11.01.2010

Matti madness

I really do think about this blog a lot but I just haven't had much time. I like to sit and be able to write out a good amount. I have a little bit of time now while Matti is slowly eating a bowl of noodles while we watch Sesame Street together. In our month old apartment!

Yes, apartment. We changed our mind again and just felt that it was best that we move now rather than in a few months. I know I wrote about finances before, but in the weeks before moving, we calculated everything and saw that it was possible for us. So, we moved out! In a few days, it'll be a month :) We absolutely love it and are so happy with the decision. We all miss my family though, but we see them every week so it's good. Matti has his own room and I have my kitchen lol. We're slowly getting it together and slowly decorating.

Matti has adjusted pretty well. Since we moved, he took himself off his pacifier which is amazing! We struggled with that for a long time, and all it took was for us to move. So that's great, but he's having trouble sleeping in his own room/bed. The first night he slept great and out of exhaustion, we just let him sleep with us for the weeks following. For the past two weeks, we've been trying to get him to sleep in his bed/room. It's a hit and miss each night, and I know he will do it when he is ready. Last night, he slept there half of the night until he woke up and came into our room. Some nights (when we're not too sleepy), we'll move him back to his bed and he will stay there til morning, but last night was not one of those nights. I know we need to be consistent. We're working on it though. We also plan on decorating his room more so that he feels comfortable in it. Right now it's just his name and a Cars traffic light on his walls. We plan on hanging airplanes from the ceilings because he loves them. It's still a work in progress. One night we spent three to four hours trying to get him to sleep. It was a lot of back and forth from our room to his and a lot of crying on his part. Obviously, that method didn't work lol. The very last time I asked him what was wrong he told me he needed to go pee pee. For those that know Matti, know that he has avoided his potty for the past few months. He used to love it, but one day, he just hated it. SO...thinking it was one of his distractions, I sat him on his seat. He read his book like he always did and next thing you know he went! Two o'clock in the morning, dead tired, I was jumping up and down and cheering for him so hard. LOL. I was so excited, but sad to say, he hasn't gone in it again. I think he'll be ready soon though.

Anyway...moving on from Matti, haha. This past month really solidified what a friend and I constantly tell each other when we're having issues. Happiness is what we really should strive for in life. No matter what others may think, no matter what path you take to find that happiness. Not meaning to say that you should make decisions without thinking them through. Definitely think things through and if it's something that you can make happen, MAKE IT HAPPEN. Who cares what others may think? Only the people who truly care will still be by your side in the end. Everyone else, you don't need. No one else in this world has EVER been in your situation with the same circumstances so they can't say, "I've been there."

2 comments:

christa said...

I love love love reading your posts.

AND YOU HAVE SUCH A SMART FRIEND. <3

comelygrace said...

Congrats on the apartment, that's so awesome! :)