11.15.2010

New happenings

Another week has gone by and we're just a week away until Thanksgiving. Yay! Let's see...my cousin is here for a few weeks. He was in Maine for about six months for an internship and he has a few weeks before he has to go back home. Hopefully we can make the most out of the time that he is here. He came with three of his room mates but my dad dropped them off in Virginia yesterday, so it's just my cousin now. My brother took them to DC on Friday, and I wish I could've gone. The original plan was for Thursday, but that didn't happen.

 Jason & I still haven't been able to visit Heavenly Presents and I feel that each day that passes, I find more things to look for. I want to look for possible Christmas gifts, wall decorations (really want), books and CD's. I thought of a brilliant idea of finding podcasts or teachings to listen to while I'm at work for two hours. It's usually slow so I think that will help pass time and at the same time expand my knowledge in my faith. Which I'm really into right now. So hopefully we'll make the trip soon.

I think I've mentioned this before, but Matti has been struggling with sleeping in his bed/room since we moved. He was able to take himself off the pacifier, but sleeping has been such a struggle. We're all tired because of it, but we're getting there. We've found that us reading Mother Goose helps him sleep while soft music is playing in the background. He falls asleep before the book is over. Which is great because we don't have to share beds anymore. No more aching backs or necks because Matti is stealing the pillows. We don't have to worry about him falling off the bed because he sleeps in such strange ways. I just wish that he would stay asleep longer & be able to put himself back to sleep. Some nights we can get away with four hours until he wakes & we wake up to his crying. I'm not sure if he's dreaming, but sometimes I think he's waking from bad dreams. So we walk him back to bed, turn on the music & start reading again. He will whine, "Read book! Read booooooooooook!" & he'll fall asleep again. Like I said, some nights he will stay asleep and other nights, he'll be up in a few hours. Last night, it was half an hour before I had to walk him back to bed. I'm hoping that he is slowly adjusting to his new room. He used be an awesome sleeper & was able to self soothe, but when we moved into my parents' house, he was used to waking up and seeing us in the same room. I know it's a big change for him. I know he can do it though and this is a big improvement compared to a week ago.

& just because. Matti & I were eating breakfast this morning having a little conversation about cars and cereal. I looked over and said, "Matti, I love you." He responds with, "I love you, Mommy." Heart. Melted. <3

No comments: