3.31.2010

Ramblings of a housewife.

While I wait for the dryer...

Today is such a nice day & I can definitely tell that the weather affects my mood a lot. Jason's at work so I am catching up on housework I've neglected since he's been off for a few days. I don't like doing them when he's home because I like being with him. It's a thing I have, haha. Later on we'll meet Jason at the playground when he gets off work so Matti can play. Today is beautiful & I want to enjoy it, but my mind constantly goes back to the plane crash. I'm constantly checking for updates to see if they've found the last sailor & nothing changes. I think of the families because I'm sure they are all waiting for that phone call with the two words they want to hear: "I'm okay." When there was a fire onboard the USS George Washington, those were the only words I wanted to hear. I didn't care if that was all he said, but I just wanted to know. It's night time over there now...I hope they find him/her soon. Or that they have found him/her & that articles haven't updated yet. I sent Jason a text message letting him know, but I'm not sure if he's read it yet. We went to the museum yesterday because Matti's in love with planes. They had an old E-2B (?) and Jason spent a good while just checking it out. I can tell he misses some aspects of Navy life. =/
Anyway. Just pray.

Last night, I forgot to lock the door to our room. We lock it so Matti doesn't wander around while we're still asleep. Well, he wandered around this morning, but I was already awake so I just listened to see what he would do. I heard him go to the prayer room (we have an Altar there with Jesus, Mary, the Holy Family, etc) & then run back into the room, shut the door, and climb back in his bed. Eventually we all get up & Jason takes him to get his breakfast. I usually take a little longer to put my contacts in, brush my hair & teeth & clean up a little. I go to Matti's bed to fix his blanket & what do I see? Mother Mary laying next to Elmo. I'm assuming he grabbed her out of the prayer room & took her into bed to hug her like he does with Elmo. He is so fascinated & in love with Jesus, the crucifix, and Mary. He wants to kiss them whenever we pass one. & I love it. He may or may not understand, but I know that he loves them. Which makes me happy. The other day at Mass, we were praying the "Our Father" & in the middle of it, Matti does his version of the Sign of the Cross (straight line from his head to his chest) and yells out, "AMEN!" When he does things like this, I can't help but smile & feel blessed.

2 comments:

christa said...

The weather totally affects my moods, too. I am so glad for these sunshiney days and can't wait until it's summer and I can swim every day!

And Matti is too precious. <3

c2lovingj2 said...

I am so excited that it's gonna be so warm these next few days! I hope it stays lol. & we still have to swim in your pool ;)