3.17.2010

big boy.

Jason & I have been discussing switching Matti into his toddler bed. Jason wasn't really into it & I was trying to convince him. I gave up since we just bought him a little table & Matti has been asking to go "potty." Which really means he wants to sit on it--he's tinkled once, but it was a drop, haha. So, I didn't want too many changes for the little man. I was making dinner last night (baked corned beef brisket & sauteed cabbage/onions) & Jason was running around doing something. After I was done, I went to the room to find Matti's crib into a bed! & Jason rearranging the room. We made a late run to the store to get him bed rails & quickly assembled it. We showed Matti his new bed & he got SO. EXCITED. He climbed right in & started squealing! We're currently in the same room with him so we told him it was time for bed cause Jason has work today. He kept climbing out to mess with the portable heater so we finally moved that. We had a night light on, and eventually just turned it off because he never used one before so it was distracting him. He got up about ten times & each time, we put him back to bed. The last time, we didn't get up just to see what he would do. He walked around & climbed right into his bed & was out for the night. I didn't sleep that well because I was just waiting for him to fall or get back out again. He didn't until about 5 this morning. I heard him go to Jake, but he was knocked out lol & he was making his way over to my side. I tried to put him back & he wasn't having it. It might've been a bad idea, but I brought him in bed with me. I was tired lol. When I thought he was asleep, I tried to lay him down & nope, he wasn't having it. So, he stayed with me. I think he did pretty well for it being his first night in his big boy bed. Now, I have to figure out how I'm going to shower while he's awake & see if he's going to even nap in it. I just see him getting in & out  since there is no rail to keep him in anymore. We'll see..Jason says if it's too much or if he doesn't do well (which I think he's handling it quite fine), we'll switch it back. I just need my shower time lol.

Also, I've been thinking about what I want to do for his second birthday. I want it to be something nice & something special since we didn't get to have a party last year. Jason was deployed & I wasn't about to have a party without him there. The plan was to have it after Jake came home, but that never happened since things didn't turn out how we expected them to. Everyone is like, "Chuck E. Cheese!!" but I don't know. I wanted something where we could have people & we could just hang out and still make Matti feel special. I'm leaning towards having one at a park down here..maybe. Or at my mom's house or even Jason's parents' house since they have a fenced in yard. I want a bounce house, but I don't know if that's something Matti would be able to enjoy at that age. & plus, we don't really know a lot of kids lol. We can use it though. I know I don't want a clown or a magician or any of that. Then, someone mentioned they were taking their two year old to Sesame Place: http://sesameplace.com/sesame2/  That would be heaven for Matti! We're debating if we should wait a year, but I'm just worried he won't be into it as much as he is now. He loves  Elmo. I mean LOVE. At least at 3, he would be able to go on a little more rides, but I think he would love it no matter what. Also, I'd want for him to remember it. If we do it, we'll do it on or before his birthday. (23 months & under is free, haha) & have a party that weekend or something. All I know is I want him to have fun. I love this kid too much, haha.

P.S. He can eat his bowl of oatmeal in less that 3 minutes.

No comments: