4.08.2010

.

So once again, I am waiting for the dryer.

http://hamptonroads.com/2010/04/downed-navy-pilot-honored-norfolk-sacrifice#rfq
http://www.wavy.com/dpp/military/Memorial-service-held-for-E-2C-aviator

The memorial was today. It's still hard to believe. I didn't even know him but Jason knowing him & having worked with him is enough. I still feel so much for this family & it makes me so sad. Today was when I found out (through these articles) that his children are two & four years old. Seeing the picture of his wife holding their daughter while the flag was being presented to her BROKE. MY. HEART. A friend of ours (Jason's former first class) went to the memorial and on his way back to Maryland Jason talked to him. The articles say it...he was a hero. He stayed with the plane to get the three other crew members out of the plane safely. Jake's friend also said that the ship did a memorial ceremony on the ship too. They did the memorial right over the plane which is underwater. I got goosebumps when I heard that & my mind is just constantly filled with questions. I keep thinking of the wife, the kids, and I just can't imagine all this. I keep praying for them because that's all I know to do. =/

Jason's birthday was yesterday. We didn't do much. We had a get together last weekend to celebrate it along with his brother's birthday. They've always celebrated their birthdays together (with the exception of the last year or two?) ...I think it's cute. Anyway, the three of us went out for ice cream and went to the store because Jason wanted to eat at home. So we got steaks & ingredients for homemade pizzas. It all turned out really good! He had some cake too, but we were so full we didn't even eat it & then ended the night with a movie. A simple man & I love it.

Matti had an appointment today..finally! Everything is fine with him. As always, his weight is low. He's a string bean. Tall like daddy & skinny like me. He got some medicine for his eczema since it got really bad on his legs & I hope it'll help clear it up. The weather is so nice & the poor guy is in jeans because of it. The doctor said he is doing great developmentally & physically (minus the weight issue). I have a list of Matti's words & when I told her he knows 50+ words, she seemed impressed :) Apparently, he's pretty talkative at his age?  He was terrified of everything they were doing which was a first for Matti. This is the age when he starts knowing what fear is & boy did he show it today. He was a trooper though as soon as it was all done.

P.S. I know I need to do a March update..maybe. lol.

No comments: