10.24.2011

weekend.

Just a quick recap of the weekend.

Friday night we went to Jason's co-workers house to hang out/dinner/dessert. We ate before we went since it was starting late & we were hungry. Jason made some halo halo but forgot to toast the pinipig (think rice krispies), but it was still pretty good. I had a tiny sip of Sangria and it was surprisingly good. I just wanted to taste it and was worried about my milk, but it turns out it's okay to have a little bit. Good thing Josiah wasn't due to eat for 2 hours at that point. We're slowly trying to get our social life back since we have kept ourselves in the house for the past 10 weeks. Two weekends ago, we went to the Redskins/Eagles game with our friends. It was a lot of fun even though we lost. I don't care what people say about burgundy&gold, I will always love them <3

Quick story about Matti on Friday. He & his friend (?) were upstairs playing and having a great time. Maybe two hours later, I noticed Matti lingering downstairs without his friend. He kept saying, "mommy.." really innocently which made me worry he was doing something he wasn't supposed to. He finally comes to me & says, "I want to go upstairs." I told him that he could go and he could play with his friend. He then told me that he didn't want to wake him up. His friend fell asleep on his bed and Matti didn't want to make too much noise playing so he was hanging out downstairs. How nice...wish he did that at home lol.

On the ride home that night, we asked him if he had a good time. He said that he did & we asked him what they did/played. He said that his friend told him in a scolding voice, "Go to your mommy!" I asked him why he would say that and Matti didn't give a clear answer. So, we changed the subject and asked him to tell us what they played. He mentioned how his friend fell asleep. We asked what he did then, and he replied with, "I yelled like this 'aaaaaaaaaahhhhh!'" with a smile on his face. "So, what did your friend do??" His reply? "He said, 'Go to your mommy!!" Hahah...oh Matti.

Anyway, Saturday we didn't have any plans. We wanted to go to the bank & pick up a few things, but it wasn't necessary. Jason's pretty awesome when it comes to Saturdays. He gets up with Matti & get him breakfast. They hang out and he'll check on me to see if Josiah is up & done eating. If he is, he'll usually take him so I can either sleep more or get a shower. I barely get a shower (&get ready) that lasts more than 10 minutes. So, I enjoy the days when I get them. The Saturday ended up cleaning out the walk-in closet in the guest room where we stay at. It filled 2 rooms and now you can actually walk into the closet. We moved a lot of our stuff downstairs since we really have no time frame as to when we're moving. Patience is virtue, right? We had a craving for cheese steaks but the place we get them at is a little bit of a drive (we're lazy) so we opted for Sheetz's version. Not very yummy. We had a smokehouse chicken though & that was good! Jason & I watched Copout and some of  The Mask. Then, good night, sleep tight!

Sunday, we went to mass as usual. Josiah poops at church almost every Sunday. It's his "thing." It can't be any other church, it only happens at our church. He slept most of the mass and stayed pretty quiet. Matti on the other hand, is starting to act up. He was really good before. After mass we headed home to watch the game. John Beck is finally the starter QB which was who I thought was the better choice after pre season. We lost but like I said, I love my burgundy&gold. We didn't do much. Josiah fought his sleep & eating the whole day. & I feel like my body is trying to fight off some sort of sickness.

Before I end this since Baby J just woke up. Our blue bird died a week ago so we had to get a new friend for our yellow one. So, Matti picked out a new blue bird. We finally named them. Pickles & Barry. Barry is the new one & he's a lot younger so he's not so much of a chicken like Pickles. We're hoping we can hand time Barry & be able to teach him to sing/talk.

No comments: