10.20.2011

I just want to organize my world.

So far so good on more updates :)

Yesterday, I was trying to figure out what to have for dinner. I knew I didn't want Italian dishes because we had so much of it in the span of four days! I was feeling a chicken or pork type of night. I couldn't find anything, but Jason was on the same mindset as I was. I found a Hoisin Chicken recipe I made a few months ago & asked if he wanted that. He replied back saying he wanted the chicken that broke his tooth. Now, there's a story to that & it wasn't my terrible cooking that chipped his tooth! It was one of the new dishes I tried out early on in our marriage. Well, when he was younger, he chipped his tooth & has a cap on it. Did not know that. The chicken was super tender and he was loving the dish. Somehow, his tooth came lose & that became the 'chicken that broke his tooth.' He doesn't call it by its name which is Honey Chicken. I went on a search for my recipe. I have them scattered everywhere. I checked my laptop, my parents' computer, emails, and finally notebooks. I finally found it in a notebook. I've always told myself I needed to organize my recipes better. I started notebooks, but quickly misplace them & start new notebooks. I think I have three right now. I decided to put some on the computer & now those are on my laptop & my parents' computer. I have a recipe box I received from the wedding with index cards, but I get lazy about having to re write the recipes on the cards. That's in the boxes somewhere in the basement (with all our other things). So, I decided I'm going to keep them online. I'm not sure if I'm going to just make a new blog to keep private & slowly share the recipes when we try them. I have a lot of  "want to try" recipes, but also have "tried & loved" recipes. I don't want to overload this blog with recipes, but I want to share the recipes at some point. So, we will see.

I can't really organize anything else. I've gone through clothes to get rid of the ones I never wear. I'm really bad about keeping things because it reminds me of when I wore them & things like that. Yet, I never wear them. So, I'm in the middle of that. Every time I start back up, one of the boys need me so I have to put it on hold. I'm on day four of that. I can't organize the rest of our things because they are all in boxes & it seems like we're never going to move. I'm trying to be patient but it is bothering me knowing there are so many things in those boxes that just need to be tossed or donated. I blame it on Pinterest because I have so many ideas on what I want to do to our home, but I have to wait. & I don't like waiting. So, I guess "organizing" my recipes is the substitute for that right now.

For those that don't know, we are moving sometime in the (hopefully) near future. We're out of the apartment and shacking it up at my parents' house. We're moving into the house I pretty much grew up in (here in the US) and I'm excited. I love that house although I haven't seen the inside in a while. I'm actually excited to clean up the yard once spring comes. We plan on staying in that house for as long as we can & maybe buy it if my parents decided to give it up at some point. Either way, we're staying there. We were supposed to be there by now, but the husband ended up breaking his back. He might even need surgery! So, we're not rushing them to leave because of that. There are other reasons so we are just waiting. Waiting. Waiting. Waiting.

So yea, I better get lunch started around here. The second half of the day starts. My favorite. Lunch, naptime & daddy comes home! Haha...oh by the way, we had Smothered Pork Chops last night per Chef Jason :)

No comments: