10.18.2011

10 years

With the exception of today, if I end up updating this more than once throughout the day, I will just add an "EDIT" with the time on it in the same post. I did that in Xanga, and it worked pretty well.

I'll start with three stories about Matti.

1. We were on the way to Pennsylvania for Poppa's funeral and we decided to get food at McDonald's since we were trying to make a short trip. We were at the drive thru waiting for our food when Matti says, "MOMMY! Look at her butt! Lookatit!" I told him that we don't say things like that, but I was curious about what he was talking about. I looked & the girl wasn't there so I asked him what he was talking about. He points and says, "Right there...look at the brown butt! HAHAHA!" I look & look until I realized what the "brown butt" was. It was a coffee bean that was on their McCafe poster. I asked if that's what he meant & he laughed with an, "Yea, the big brown butt!"

2. We were getting ready for church & we told Matti he needed to be quiet for church. He says, "I wanna go to the Bwack Church!" Confused, I asked him to repeat what he said. "I wanna go to the Bwack Church." We had no idea what he was talking about and what he meant, much less where he heard this. As far as we heard, he was saying Black. We okayed him and continued to get ready. While in the van, he was asking to go to the Bwack Church again. We haven't been going to our church since there is one closer by the house & was easier with Josiah. We pulled in the parking lot and told him we were at church. Matti says, "Yaayyy! There it is! The Bwack Church!" Something clicked in Jason's mind and he asks Matti, "Do you mean we're at the BRICK Church?"   Matti replies with, "YES DADDY! We're at the BWACK CHUUURCH!" Needless to say, we've been focusing on brick with him.

3. We were in the van last night on the way to PetCo when Matti calls out to me. Now, Matti LOVES to show us he's doing something he's not supposed to do. I turned around and he showed me his hands. Which looked wet. I asked him why they were wet. I got nothing but a smirk. I asked him again and when he gave no answer, I asked if he stuck them in his mouth again. "Uhhhhh...no?" I told him not to do it again because he might get sick (since they are dirty). His reply, "Welllll, Siah sticks his hand in his mouuuuuuuff!" Ah, clever, clever child.

Matti is such a smart kid and everyday there is something new with him. He even saw a big bird at PetCo and commented that it was big (bigger than the rest of the birds there) like an EEEAAAAGLEE! Haha.

Josiah is doing well. He had his 2 month appointment and he is at 7lbs 14.8 oz, but is growing just fine. We are still breastfeeding which is great. Tiring some days, but it's worth it. He is smiling and "talking" and overall a sweet, sweet boy.

To end this really quick, since baby boy is crying, today is our 10 year anniversary :) Very exciting & we have many more years ahead of us. Kinda crazy to think 10 years ago, we were just in high school not knowing where this road would take us. It's been amazing though. Couldn't ask for anything more :)

No comments: