2.28.2011

981.

That's how many days it has been since Matti came into our lives. I think as a parent, you catch yourself just watching your child in amazement at how much they have grown. How much they have learned. How that no matter what they do, you can never see yourself loving them any less. In the past weeks or so, I've been catching myself in those moments. Just watching him in everything that he does and I wonder, "When did he get to be such a big boy?" He never ceases to amaze me. Everything he does, I'm proud of. I'm really excited for him because I know he will be the most amazing big brother. Everything he does is so natural to me, and for the past few weeks, we've been seeing people we haven't seen in a while. & they have all made comments about how he's grown, how he talks A LOT, speaks in sentences, has a great appetite, how he has the best demeanor, etc. I see him everyday so it's nothing new to me. I'm used to it, but when people are constantly telling me this, I become more aware of it. And I catch myself just watching him. Right now, he is "writing" which is one of his new favorite things to do. He narrates most of his day. "Mommy, I'm go get my piwow. Mommy, I go lay down and watch TV." Granted, he has his moments (right now) when he is screaming because he doesn't agree with what I did (take the gum he found in my purse away), but for the most part he's a good kid. His tantrum is over now and is laughing and asking me to scroll the screen down haha. We moved him from his toddler bed (his crib converted to one) and bought him a brand new bed. He loves his new bed and feels like such a big boy in it. & that he should because he's a big boy now whether we like it or not.

No comments: