4.28.2011

Baby News!

I had an ultrasound appointment last Friday & we were able to find out we are having another wonderful baby boy. I was slightly convinced there was a little princess in there because the way my belly looks. It's completely different from when I was pregnant with Matti. With him, it was more pronounced & rounded. This one, my belly seems wider and flatter--I don't know how else to explain it. Add on the what seems to be the list of things that I didn't experience with Matti, I assumed trouble = girl. When we saw his goodies, I looked at Jason and he seemed somewhat surprised as well. We're happy with our baby boy though! We've always said we wanted two boys first and two girls so that they boys could watch over their sisters. Matti came to the appointment with us and was able to see his baby brother. We decided to tell our families on Easter since we had a huge Easter celebration at my parents' house. We baked a cake and I dyed the batter blue so that when we cut into the cake, the blue showed. I've read the new things is to have 'Gender Cake Parties' and that just seems a little too much. I figured we're already in one place, let's just add a little more something to it.

Easter was just a big party. We had praise & worship, good food, a huge egg hunt for the 30+ kids there (which ended in like 10 seconds!), kite flying (?), bubbles, Frisbee, lots of soccer for Matti, more eggs getting dyed, & more! It was such a beautiful day despite the weather forecast being thunderstorms. We ended the night with playing Dance Central on Kinect. Well, I just watched, but it was a good time. Until next time :) 

2 comments:

christa said...

OMG another boy! You Roofs and your bb boys, haha. I'm so excited for yoooou <3

comelygrace said...

Yayy congrats!!!