2.25.2010

daydreaming.

A few months ago, I told Jake that in five years I want to move somewhere completely different. My first thought was Florida. I wanted to go somewhere warm & where the sun was always shining. Then, a friend of mine mentioned that she wanted to move to Tennessee because of how beautiful it is there. So, I started looking at house prices & I fell in love with a few log cabins. I've always said that I want to live in a log cabin. Late last summer, we went to Tennessee with Jason's family for our yearly trip. I'm not much of a nature person--snakes, bears, and big cats scare the crap out of me. I do love going up to the mountains though. We used to go every summer with Jason's family in Pennsylvania & last year we went to the Smokies. The air is so clean, the people are so nice, and it's just SO. PEACEFUL. There's something about it. I'm fortunate that the time we have gone up to the mountains, we've stayed for at least a week so I was able to enjoy different things about it. I really did love Tennessee though (except for flipping my tube over a giant rock). I told Jason I wanted to move there instead of Florida, but we will see. I also stumbled on houses in South Carolina & those were just beautiful for a decent price. We have family friends there & a few years ago (when I was still in high school), my dad had to go to work there & my whole family went. Something again about being in the south & hello, unlimited supply of sweet tea! I want to see how other areas of the US are because let's face it, Southern Maryland gets kinda boring sometimes. I love being back in Maryland, I do, but something in me wants to do this. I don't know if we'll follow through with it, but if the job market continues to be like how it is, it might be a good possibility. I'll miss church though, the church family, FCJ, and of course we'll miss our family & friends. I want Matti to grow up with his family close by--especially his grandparents. I wish the Navy had sent us to other places so I wouldn't have this urge to move.

3 comments:

comelygrace said...

Lol, "let's face it, Southern Maryland gets kinda boring sometimes" = UNDERSTATEMENT. ;D

Hope you don't mind me following your blog!

-Katie

c2lovingj2 said...

haha..no i don't mind! :)

Snowblind Marine said...

hello!