6.08.2011

Nothing else matters.

Although he is doing all that he can to get under my skin right now, haha, I wanted to write a little about my big boy Matti. He will be turning three in a few weeks and I can't believe how much he has grown.

Just last night, we were having dinner. We had my brother over because we rented a movie the previous night (LOVE Redbox codes!) and didn't have a chance to watch it. Jason whipped up some stuffed bell pepper with rice and when I got home, I made some zucchini. Matti was acting up a little bit so Jason put him in time out and the three of us prayed over our food. When Matti's time was up, he sat down in his chair and started whining again. Now, at the this point, I was just tired so in my mind, I was thinking, "What's wrong nooowww..??" I looked over at him and asked him what was wrong and he says in a whiny voice, "I wanna prayyy........" So we prayed a second time and he was just thrilled to eat his dinner. That moment just made me beyond happy. Sure, he can sing songs, say his ABC's, numbers, tell stories, know who certain people are, but nothing beats him wanting to pray. To me, that surpasses everything else. As a mom, I want nothing more than for my children to know & love the Lord.

"The goal is not to raise well-mannered heathen. What we long for is to reach his boyish heart and inspire in him a desire to be the Lord's man." (taken from Ate Josette)

No comments: