10.26.2009

changes.

So, my little "vacation" is over. Jason has started his new job & it's back to me & Matti during the day time. I'm trying to get myself back into a routine since we didn't have one at all when Jason wasn't working. It's hard to get a routine going because we are living at my parents' house for the time being so it's not like living in our home. I'm doing a few dinners a night & so far so good. I'm trying out new recipes (the other night a made this amazing chili which was a hit with mine & Jason's family). So yea, now I'm trying to remember what DID I do when Jason was at work in VA? LOL...I've got to fulfill my housewifey duties & take care of Matti. I started to make a mental list of things I needed to do, but it feels like I'm going to run out of things. We'll see.

Anyway, I think I'm getting a cold or getting sick, but I hope I'm not. My throat has been a little sore (but that could be cause we played Rockband last night!) and I have been sneezing a little. No bueno...not at all. Matti is doing this coughing thing but I can't tell if it's a fake cough or if he's trying to imitate my sneezes ha ha. He's been clingy lately because I think he is teething. The drool monster is back & he's got his hands in his mouth all the time. I think it might be his molars and based on my reading, it doesn't seem like it'll be too pleasant. Poor guy.

I'm jumping around everywhere. We are on week 6 (going on 7?) of the LCS & it's been going reall well. I definitely see a change in myself & especially with me & Jason's prayer time--which has always been important to me. One of my discussion group leaders (we break off into groups--male/female--after the talks to discuss) said "you may not see any changes on the outside, but there's definitely something happening on the inside." & I DEFINITELY agree. Personally, I feel more at peace with things & that I don't stress out as much as I used to. I still do, but not as much. & I think in Talk 2 (Who is Jesus Christ), the speaker mentioned that the more "me me me" attitude we have, the farther Jesus is from being the center of our lives--where he SHOULD be. I felt that the speaker was talking to me then. Four talks/weeks later, I can see that's the change in me. It's less "I did this last.." or "I woke up earlier.." or "I'm tired too!" and there's more of just DOING on my part. I just feel good overall, but with this change, I can definitely feel/see the evil one trying to bring me down. Trying to bring me back to my old ways. Trying to let the small things get to me. But I won't let him win...I will gladly take the challenge because I know He won't let me down. I know that He's got my back.

No comments: